When: Thursday 30 November 2023 from 14:00 to 18:00
Where : Transitielab, Herman Teirlinckgebouw, Havenlaan 88, 1000 Brussels, Belgium & on-line
On 30 November 2023 Swisstopo, Vlaanderen and the GeoNetwork project organize an event in Brussels, Belgium to discuss developments, user requirements and strategy around the GeoNetwork opensource catalogue project. We invite you to join the meeting in Brussels or, in case you can not participate in person, to participate online.
Ahead of the meeting we would like to receive your input on where you think GeoNetwork should go as a project. What is missing from your perspective, what are requirements your organisation or your users have? We will summarise all ideas and requirements ahead of the meeting to make the day a productive one.
• Introductions of participants (round table)
• Presentation of the objectives (reactivate the GeoNetwork user communities, benefits (joint developments, finances), …)
• The GeoNetwork (user) community (organisation, communication, improvements, meetings, …)
• Optimisation of developments (working process, communication, financing, tools, other)
• Exchange between the portal operators (How should the exchange between the portal operators take place so that priorities can be set for further development and a focus can also be set. In addition, an exchange between the portal operators regarding "everyday problems" might be desirable)
• GeoNetwork development initiatives that require funding (DCAT & GeoDCAT developments, Update ElasticSearch to v8, OGC-API Records & Features, GeoNetwork-UI-datahub, Updating of Libraries, Documentation)
• Google search (how to do to have a correct indexing of metadata)
• Integrate ChatGPT into the GeoNetwork search engine
Registration: GeoNetwork User Community Meeting (Brussels) (geocat.net): [events.geocat.net/GeoNetworkUserCommunityMeetingBrussels