Date: Tuesday, September 6, 2022
Time: 9:00 – 18:30
Location: ETH Zürich, Campus Hönggerberg, HIT E51
Organizers: Prof. M. Raubal, Prof. A. Wieser
The continuing densification in cities also affects the underground. Developing digital twins of the underground and applying geoinformation technology will be essential for planning, developing, and managing the underground. This comes with a variety of significant challenges like assuring the availability of spatio-temporal data of sufficient quality, clearly defined and accessible interfaces, and reliable workflows which include all stakeholders (e.g., agencies, planners, surveyors, utility providers).
This one-day workshop aims at identifying the needs and required actions for establishing the digital underground of Switzerland, as well as at discussing the necessary frameworks and technological solutions. The workshop will be held in English. It comprises presentations by experts from Switzerland and abroad, as well as a moderated discussion among the participants.
09:00 – 15:00 Oral presentations (including breaks)
15:00 – 17:15 Discussion (groups and plenum)
17:15 – 18:30 Apéro
• C. Chambers, A. Manefield (UK's National Underground Asset Register)
• R. Doncev (Digitization Technologies for the Underground)
• R. L. Johansen (3D Reality Capture for As-Built Subsurface Utilities)
• Chr. Kaul (From Open Government Data to Utility Cadastral Systems)
• M. Raubal (Singapore’s Digital Underground Experience)
• M. Schenardi (Digital Twins – Digital Underground)
• J. Schito (Digital Underground Data)
• G. Schrotter (Digital Twin of the City of Zurich)
• For participation, please register by email to Mrs. Ruth Kläy-Bührer: firstname.lastname@example.org
• The registration fee is 100 CHF. An invoice will be sent with confirmation of registration.
• For information on how to get to ETH Hönggerberg and where to find the HIT building, see the ETH webpages: [ethz.ch/en/campus/access/hoenggerberg.html